If you want to inject a little romance or spontaneity into a date, without breaking the bank, try following some of these ideas. You might just surprise yourself – and your partner!
1. Hike to the top of a mountain for a picnic.
2. Take a rowboat out on a river or dam at sunset.
3. Go up to the top of a building in a large city and take in the view.
4. Dress for a formal party, and then walk down the streets singing love songs.
5. Find a dark, romantic coffee shop with great coffees and desserts.
6. Find a rarely-used corner deep in the stacks of your library. Blow the dust off some musty old volume and read it aloud together. Steal a few hot kisses.
7. Pretend you’ve just won the lottery. “Shop” for your dream furnishings in elegant craft galleries, jewellery stores, and similar shops.
8. Test drive a sports car together.
9. Visit a specialty food factory such as a chocolate factory.
10. Browse a museum, gift shop or art gallery.
11. Drive along the outer borders of your city or province, exploring new places where you’ve never been.
12. Catch a steamtrain ride, just for the heck of it.
13. Spend the whole evening dressed and acting as characters from a play, movie, or book that you both enjoyed.
14. Speak only gibberish and let your thoughts be understood from your emotions, gestures, and tone.
15. Explore a wild and scenic place you’ve always wanted to check out.
16. Walk around celebrity neighborhoods, looking for glimpses of the rich and famous.
17. Do something completely out of character–something you ordinarily wouldn’t be caught dead even thinking about.
18. Go explore a local flea market one Saturday.
19. Get a guide book for your city. See you area through the eyes of tourists. You will be amazed at all the attractions that are hidden nearby.
20. Star gazing – Get a book on constellations and watch the stars. This can be especially fun during a meteor shower.
Ideas for Girls:
Ideas for Guys:
1. Decorate the house for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
2. Carve pumpkins.
3. Go apple picking and make an apple pie with the apples.
4. Go in-line skating.
5. Make a scarecrow together.
6. Go bike riding.
7. Get a big old barrel, water, and apples and invite a group of friends to dunk for apples. Have a camera available. There will be great shots!
8. Go to a flea market. Find the silliest thing for sale.
9. Go to a historic site. Try to talk like people from that period of time.
10. Go to a football game and cheer for the underdog, or for your home team.